Thursday 18 November 2010

So much to tell you....

Hello, so it is now thursday and I have been wanting to write since tuesday.  Tuesday nights I teach bellydance to a group of 15, a mix of French and British, in a village hall, in the middle of nowhere, central France.

We started up over 5 years ago after I asked in our local Mairie where the nearest class was. The secretary looked at me like I had horns and smiled ' noone here does bellydancing, this is France'.  After I sulked for a while and totally gave up on the idea, it travelled round the grapevine (many of those here hahaha) and came back to me. I was asked by a local lady to start a class in our village and it started there....

Anyway we have started to learn some Bollywood moves this session up to Christmas. I find the moves on Youtube and make up a choreography to music I have at home.  It is great fun and much faster than the bellydance we are used to.

I have sold 24 of our chickens. I placed an advert on a french web page and within 5 minutes had 2 buyers wanting 12 each.  The first lot of girls go tomorrow. We really have far too many after we hatched 11 and were given another 16. I am keeping some of the prettier ones who should lay some pretty blue eggs in spring. 

Every time we walk out the front door we are followed immediately by 30 chickens and 4 ducks (all the ducks are called Pilchard).  video to come soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment